[Yeti DNS Discuss] 答复: Future of Yeti or what will happen in 2018

Davey Song(宋林健) ljsong at biigroup.cn
Wed Sep 13 03:55:50 UTC 2017

Thank you for asking this. I also consider it for a quite a while.

We all know that Yeti was initially defined as a DNS Root testbed with a
3-year duration. We (coordinators and operators) spent nearly one year to
set it up and made it stable. So it is expected that we may extend the time
to the end of 2018 to fulfill all research agenda.

Currently I'm coordinating three DMs to implement the experiment of reusing
IANA zsk and signature. And I also plan to implement ATR in BII's root
server first. Some people suggest us roll the ZSK or KSK algorithm which are
in the ToDo list. Now it is open for experiment proposals for better use of
Yeti testbed.

Regarding the Yeti's future, there are some discussions and suggestions
among participants and coordinators but no specific plan. From my personal
observation, more discussion is needed on "next step". BII is definitely
willing to provide such platform and support innovation and initiatives in
this field.

Best regards,
Davey

But are