[Yeti DNS Discuss] confusion over yeti-dns related to recent BIIpress announcement

ljsong ljsong at biigroup.cn
Tue Dec 5 01:59:07 UTC 2017

Thanks for the clarificaiton here and in OARC list. I think we should keep that line as we announce this project.

I'm sorry about the confusions by massive press and news recently. I think it stems from the recently official IPv6 plan in China ( http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/2017-11/26/content_5242389.htm ), which contains the encouragement of IPv6-based root system as an innotiave experiment and pilot. I list original txt below:

3.升级改造域名系统。加快互联网域名系统(DNS)的全面改造,构建域名注册、解析、管理全链条IPv6支持能力,开展面向IPv6的新型根域名服务体系的创新与试验。

(4)IPv6根域名服务体系试验示范。推动根镜像服务器的引进,进一步提升域名系统解析性能。开展新型根域名服务体系结构及应用的技术创新,建设具有一定规模的试验验证网络设施,开展应用示范。

I had to say that the plan has great influence which make Yeti well-knonwn afterwards. From my point of view, it is a good thing that Yeti's work definitely got attention and acknowledgement in China. But some saying is beyond what we have done.

Frankly speaking I do hope one day China or other countries can maintain their autonomy on Internet Infrastructure including root system. It should keep one namespace without conflict as Yeti does. It can learn from Yeti and other DNS operational experience , but  it should not be the goal of Yeti project. If there is any other further initiatives take advantage of Yeti technology, I'd like to see.

Best regards,