[Yeti DNS Discuss] FYI: RSSAC Caucus draft: Elements of Potential Root Operators

Shane Kerr shane at biigroup.cn
Wed Sep 7 03:45:29 UTC 2016

Yeti observers,

RSSAC is the ICANN Root Server System Advisory Committee. It gives
advice to the ICANN board - although ICANN does not strictly have any
control over the root server system, everyone involved with publishing
the IANA root zone has to get along. :)

The RSSAC Caucus is a group of DNS experts who does work on behalf of
RSSAC. They sometimes organize by creating work parties who focus on
producing specific advice.

Yesterday this mail was sent on behalf of an RSSAC Caucus work party:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/rssac-caucus/2016-September/000277.html

I thought it might be of interest to Yeti participants.

Full disclosure: I joined the RSSAC Caucus last month. I haven't joined
any work parties yet and have nothing to do with the document produced.