[Yeti DNS Discuss] Updated ymmv: tool for generating and comparing Yeti traffic

Shane Kerr shane at biigroup.cn
Thu Oct 13 12:35:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've spent some cycles polishing the ymmv tool. This is a program that is designed to make it easy for people who are not running a resolver configured for Yeti to still send us traffic.

I've written a blog article introducing the current version here:

http://www.dnsv6lab.net/2016/10/13/ymmv/

If you are not using the Yeti root servers for your resolver for some reason, then please consider running ymmv. It is designed to be easy... you should even be able to just drop in the pre-compiled binaries in many cases. Also, you can get a comparison of the relative performance of the Yeti servers versus the IANA servers, which should be interesting for DNS wonks. :)

If I can get some feedback about this version, I'll be happy to update it to fix any problems and possibly add desired features. Once it seems stable and useful enough I'll encourage more people to use it to give us even more traffic.