[Yeti DNS Discuss] Mirroring traffic using dnsdist

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sat Jun 18 20:52:04 UTC 2016

Davey(宋林健) wrote:
> The mirroring function is tested in BII lab. I just put one simple
> article in Yeti website.
>
> http://yeti-dns.org/yeti/blog/2016/06/15/Mirroring-traffic-using-dnsdist.html
>
> Hope it will help.
>
> Davey

this is good, but clarification is needed.

since queries are being mirrored, the instructions for using dnsdist
with Yeti should be clear that we are expecting dnsdist to be installed
upstream of a normal in-production RDNS server, so that the stub queries
heard by that server will be mirrored toward a specified Yeti-capable
RDNS server.

the document should also explain that there is no round-robin, load
balancing, or RTT-based server selection for the dnsdist 'tee' action,
and so, all mirrored queries will be sent to a single Yeti-capable RDNS
server, whose IPv6 address must be hard wired in the dnsdist config.

--
P Vixie