[Yeti DNS Discuss] more test traffic

Paul Vixie vixie at tisf.net
Tue Jan 19 18:35:37 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:15:52 AM PST Federico Olivieri wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> As far as I m  concern, I have 3 DNS resolver in production used by 700
> customer in ISP in Italy. Unfortunatelly i have IPv6 just in one of this.
>
> I haven t found yet time to move the open resolver under yeti but know it
> this the right time :)
>
> When I ll have finish, I ll be happy to share with you the IP addr and you
> can fell free to share/use it. Also I have tons of graphs were you can get
> access a monitor it.
>
> Let me know if it suitable for you

yes (for yeti traffic purposes.)

on a related topic, please consider adding a passive dns sensor to your resolver, especially if it's an open resolver. we just want cache miss traffic (so, no end-user information). this is for my dayjob, farsight security, noting that in addition to making commercial use of passive dns traffic, we also support the internet security research community with free access. if you have a non-commercial use in mind, contact me about free access. if you have a resolver which can afford to dedicate about 1% of its cpu time to passive dns, contact me about running a sensor.

--
P. Vixie