[Yeti DNS Discuss] Possible dnscap fixes

Shane Kerr shane at biigroup.cn
Wed Aug 31 08:02:48 UTC 2016

Stéphane and Kevin,

Jerry Lundström at DNS-OARC has spent some time making a lot of fixes
to dnscap recently. Message from Jerry:

---vvv------------------------------------------------------------vvv---
A lot of progress this week, identified the issue and created a pcap
helper library with threads support [1] which seems to solve the missing
packet issues [2] (at least those I could replicate).

Could you try it at your end?

git clone https://github.com/jelu/dnscap.git
cd dnscap
git submodule update --init
sh autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo src/dnscap [options...]

Cheers,
Jerry

[1] https://github.com/DNS-OARC/pcap-thread
[2] https://github.com/DNS-OARC/dnscap/issues/12

I think that both of you saw issues where dnscap dropped packets at
times. Is it possible to test with this new version of dnscap and see
if the issue has been fixed at least in the previous setups?