[Yeti DNS Discuss] Yeti back to the future

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Oct 26 10:59:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:34:44AM +0100,
 Shane Kerr <shane at biigroup.cn> wrote
 a message of 56 lines which said:

> What we *could* do is to check that the root zone is valid on each
> authority server. There is no provision in any existing DNS software
> to do this automatically as part of the zone transfer process, but
> it could be done via scripts or as a periodic (hourly?) audit
> activity. It would not provide any additional safety for validating
> resolvers, but it would help non-validating resolvers a bit.

It seems a good idea and if someone has a student with some free time,
this would be a cool project to start with DNS.

I assume the "real" root already does it but I've never seen info
about these checks. Anyone knows?