[Yeti DNS Discuss] DSC Presenter - Suggestion

龚道彪 dbgong at biigroup.cn
Sat Nov 28 06:54:17 UTC 2015

Hi Federico,

 On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 00:43 AM Federico Wrote:

>In the meantime, I would kindly ask you if someone gets time to help me with my DSC collector/presenter::

>I have 2 DNS servers that are running in local DSC Collector and DSC grapher. I would get together the DNS server >under one DSC presenter (as on Yeti website). I had a look to DSC manual and how ulpoad XML file to a remote >server but what is written in the manual does not correspond whit what I have on my server (in terms of scripts) >and >the instruction are not very detailed for my level of experience.

1. on DNS servers, you need install DSC collector, then configure cron task to upload XML files
   you need configure dsc.conf, include interface, dataset, filter and so on.
   can you upload the XML files to DSC grapher now?

2. configure DSC grapher to display info
 you need install the Presenter as the manual guide.
 have you completed this?

 setup cron jobs(refile-and-grok.sh) to process XML files
  you need configure dsc-grapher.cfg, which server will be displayed?

  for example: the group of servers: include server-a and server-b
  in the data dir: /usr/local/dsc/data:
    servers/
        server-a/
        server-b/

  then you should configure in the dsc-grapher.cfg
  server servers  server-a server-b

  if any problems, let me know.

---
Kevin