[Yeti DNS Discuss] Data usage policy

'Stephane Bortzmeyer' bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue May 12 07:03:16 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 09:44:37AM +0800,
 Davey Song <ljsong at biigroup.cn> wrote
 a message of 37 lines which said:

> The scripts of that data collecting or monitoring system is written and to
> be optimized:
> https://github.com/BII-Lab/Yeti-Project/tree/master/script/monitor-ext

404 This is not the web page you are looking for

Probably
<https://github.com/BII-Lab/Yeti-Project/tree/master/script/monitor-external>

If so, there is a misunderstanding: I was not talking about the
technical issues but about the political / legal ones. DNS data can be
personal and sensitive
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement/>
and I would like to know under which conditions people will access to
it.

> We will open the data access to interested researchers when the
> monitoring system is ready.

Sorry but, in my opinion, this is *way* too short as a data policy. We
will ask people to reconfigure their resolvers to use "our" "root". We
have to tell them what will happen of the data they will entrust us
with.