[Yeti DNS Discuss] Human resources commitment

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon May 11 07:54:25 UTC 2015

Before deciding to say yes and to commit ressources to the project, I
need a better idea of what is involved. Paul Vixie said there will be
no exchange of money. So I assume a "root name server" Yeti operator
has to provide:

- the machine (apparently, a VPS could be enough)
- its connectivity
- people to take care of it.

My biggest concern is for the third item. Unlike things like, say,
ORSN, which were purely "best effort", Yeti seems to require, not
really SLAs but at least some commitment. There is the initial setup
(easy) and then the work to do when something goes wrong, when there
is a new experiment, when there is a problem, when we need to
reconfigure all the servers in emergency. What exactly is expected?
24x7 NOC? Or just two or three persons reading their email and acting
in < 2 days?